The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- Laying the foundation for our newest bike shop in Bwindi. AKP supports shops in Zambia, Botswana, Tanzania, Jordan… https://t.co/F14BD5I1pC 2 days ago
- The center’s efforts will help catch and relocate mongoose which have had a detrimental impact on surrounding wildlife. 4 days ago
- AKP and A&K guests proudly support the work of the Amami Wildlife Research Center in Japan. https://t.co/8oZCIgYBIA 4 days ago
- Buongiorno! #DYK that this bust of Benvenuto Cellini, located on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence, was restored throug… https://t.co/Rnj8OXQvNY 6 days ago
- Yum! Freshly packaged honey from AKP’s Mwika Beekeeping Project. Our hives are constructed from wood taken from sus… https://t.co/FVtFaWvITx 1 week ago