The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- This week, our partner @WorkingBikes in Chicago packed 434 bikes for the Mfuwe Bike Shop in Zambia. Thanks to all w… https://t.co/Fw4Mpk0rZ3 3 hours ago
- RT @Geoffrey_Kent : Appalling to hear news that son of Cecil the Lion, Xanda, has been shot dead by a big game hunter. HUNT WITH A CAMERA, N… 1 day ago
- Following traditional techniques, a number of bead designs can be created and fashioned into jewelry and other hand… https://t.co/20br91NxRL 4 days ago
- All materials needed, from the kiln to the smaller beadmaking tools, can be recycled or repurposed from commonly fo… https://t.co/bR3ZpgNUJV 4 days ago
- Glass collected from community waste is crushed, placed into molds and fired in a kiln. https://t.co/zfdSlaBS8b 4 days ago