The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Uganda, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- RT @UNESCO : Cultural diversity is all around us. It is what gives life its colour, its vibrancy, its flavour. 21 May is World Day for #C… 1 day ago
- RT @UN : Tuesday's World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue & Development celebrates humanity's rich diversity: https://t.co/ZTrj5wMFgb… 1 day ago
- RT @AKPhilanthropy : #DYK that the Adélie penguin was named in 1840 by French explorer Jules Dumont d'Urville after his wife, Adélie? https:… 1 week ago
- RT @AKPhilanthropy : Have you seen the powerful new documentary about the impact of climate change in Antarctica, filmed on an @AKTravel_USA … 2 weeks ago
- RT @AKPhilanthropy : AKP has built another mushroom house at the Wildflower Home in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Now with more than 10,000 growing… 2 weeks ago