The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Uganda, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- Happy #NationalPhilanthropyDay to all amazing changemakers who have done and continue to do incredible work for communities worldwide! 5 days ago
- “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else” – Booker T. Washington #NationalPhilanthropyDay 5 days ago
- On #WorldKindnessDay, we extend our gratitude to all of our A&K guests who have visited and supported an A&K Philan… https://t.co/LkqCTCSVMA 1 week ago
- Despite heavy rains in Uganda, construction of Ebenezer Primary School is continuing smoothly. The Bwindi community… https://t.co/5UMRMWRstb 1 week ago
- Thanks to local Zambia carpenter, Mr. Mwale, who spent several weeks refurbishing desks at Nakatindi Primary School… https://t.co/bHh23Lwatq 2 weeks ago