The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Uganda, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- Anyone who’s climbed Mt #Kilimanjaro knows that porters are the backbone of the trek. It’s an honor to provide the… https://t.co/6yuj931NQI 3 days ago
- Congratulations to the Chipego Bike Shop in Zambia, which just celebrated their 4th anniversary! These fierce women… https://t.co/kRdPmCGmii 4 days ago
- Happy anniversary to the Chipego Bike Shop in Zambia. Here’s to 4 years, 3,500 bikes & 5 impressive female bike mec… https://t.co/K6mAJVKH98 5 days ago
- Chicago area friends: Have a bike that you’re no longer using? Don't throw it away! Consider donating it to A&K Phi… https://t.co/EGUMgXyuQo 1 week ago
- RT @AKTravel_USA : @MartaDusseldorp shares what she treasures most about her family's recent African safari https://t.co/FBxQBvGCtY @AKPhila … 1 week ago