The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Uganda, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- The Sishemo Bead Studio team has been busy working on new designs for the release of their next collection! Check o… https://t.co/rtkPCemPpQ 2 days ago
- AKP’s refurbishment work at Nakatindi School in Zambia is now complete! The pupils are now using their freshly-pain… https://t.co/7DMGpyIyjP 3 days ago
- After months of intensive construction and training we are happy to report that Doffa Bike Shop in Karatu, Tanzania… https://t.co/ETOs72hNTF 5 days ago
- The Ilboru School dining hall project is now complete! We were honored to have the Uhuru Torch, one of the National… https://t.co/69dKr9f1Zy 2 weeks ago
- 100 new hospital beds have arrived at Bwindi Community Hospital in Uganda, thanks to our partners @projectcure . The… https://t.co/Ysq93BwkZP 2 weeks ago